Spotify is one of the most popular and free music streaming site online which was s launched in October 2008 and having 40 million users 10 million subscribers and counting as in the year 2014. Spotify has a huge database of music and lets users to browse or search music by the name of the artist, album, genre, playlist and more.
One of the major drawback of Spotify is that it has country based restrictions, is supported in a handful of countries. You can go through the list of countries supporting Spotify here! If it is not available in your country you will get a prompt “Spotify is currently not available in your country “ when you open the Homepage of Spotify.
How to Access Spotify in Countries where it is UnAvailable
In this post we will be going through the steps to access Spotify easily in countries where it is unavailable. This method requires the use of Google Chrome browser on your PC. If you are already using Google Chrome, install a free VPN plugin for Chrome dubbed as Hola. Hola lets you to access websites blocked in your country, company or school for free.
Download the Hola extension for Google Chrome from the link below:
Download HOLA for Google Chrome
Hola will appear as an icon in your Chrome toolbar.
1. Go to the Homepage of Spotify.com on your Chrome browser, you will get a prompt “ Spotify is currently not available in your country”.
2. Click on the Hola icon to tun it On and then click on the US flag icon to select US VPN.
3. Now, Hola will reload Spotify through US VPN. Click on “Go to Web Player”. Don’t download the Spotify app.
4. You will have to now click on “Sign up with Facebook”, Spotify will access your Facebook account. Grant access to your Facebook Account.
5. Voila! After Spotify has access to your Facebook Account you will be taken to the Spotify music player on the web. Search, browse and play music for free using Spotify.
Have you tried to access Spotify in countries where it is unavailable?