Android devices not only lets users to access internet on their devices but also enables them to share their device data with another device, which could be a laptop, tablet or smartphone. This procedure of sharing of mobile data with another devices is known as Tethering.
Tethering is helpful when you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection to connect to your data and you urgently require to access internet connection your another device. Tethering comes to your rescue when a device lacks in-built 3G or 4G connection, you can use USB or Bluetooth tethering. USB tethering works at a faster speed. We will be going through the process of USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering on Android.
1. USB Tethering: USB tethering is an easy way to use your mobile data when you don’t have Wi-Fi connection on your laptop. Once you connect your mobile to your laptop via a USB cable, you will find USB tethering option Settings >> Connections >> Tethering & Portable Hotspot >> USB Tethering. You will have to enable the option, once enabled it will connect on your laptop/desktop through the LAN connection and will appear in the taskbar and you will be able to access internet using your mobile data easily.
1. Connect your moble to your laptop/desktop.
2. Go to Settings options on you mobile, Settings >> Connections / Networks >> Portable WiFi & Tethering >> USB Tethering.
3.Enable the USB Tethering option.
4. It will connect internet on your laptop/desktop using the LAN connection.
5. Access internet using your mobile data now.
Also Read: How To Tether Android
Bluetooth Tethering: Bluetooth Tethering requires in-built Bluetooth feature on your laptop. The internet speed in Bluetooth Tethering is slow and it does not drain your battery as compared to USB tethering.
You will have to pair your Android mobile with laptop/desktop to enable Bluetooth tethering.
1.Pair your Android device to your laptop/desktop using Bluetooth.
2. Go to Settings options on your Android device, Settings >> Connections >? Portable Wifi & Tethering >> Bluetooth Tethering >> Enable.
3. When enabled, open Network Connections on your laptop/desktop.
4. Connect your laptop/desktop using the Bluetooth connection.
5. Access internet easily.
Recommended: 5 Free Tethering Apps For Android