iPhone -Dev Team member MuscleNerd has posted about the details of iOS 5.1.1 untethered Jailbreak.
Earlier, a friend of Pod2g demoed iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak on his device. The new Jailbreak tool will be Absinthe 2.0.
The new Jailbreak tool will be probably released to public later this week and MuscleNerd has posted a info guide for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak for users regarding what to expect, when to expect.It is also expected that Redsn0w will also be updated after the release of Absinthe 2.0.
Guide which MuscleNerd has posted –
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
– the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
– @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
– timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Will let you know more when iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will be released to public.