iOS 7.1 tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 is available for a download, thanks to the new GeekSn0w tool. We are aware that Apple has patched Evasi0n jailbreak in its recent iOS 7.1 software update
GeekSn0w is tethered jailbreak, you will have to connect your iOS device to computer when turned on and has support only for iPhone 4.The latest Geeksn0w is based on wincom’s opensn0w project which works on Geohot’s exploit limera1n bootrom of 2010.
GeekSn0w tethered jailbreak is compatible with following iPhone models running on iOS 7.1
Verizon iPhone 4 CDMA
AT&T and Global editions iPhone 4 GSM
Revision A iPhone 4 GSM
You must be running iPhone 4 on Apple’s latest iOS 7.1 firmware.
Download latest version version of iTunes on your computer from here.
Download GeekSn0w for your computer. Get GeekSn0w from here.
How To Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 7.1 Tethered Using GeekSn0w
1. Install GeekSn0w for Windows computer and right click on the GeekSn0w executable file and “Run As Administrator”.
2. Connect your iPhone 4 with computer via USB cable and enter DFU Mode.
* Hold down Power (corner) button for 5 seconds.
* Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button along with the Power button for 10 seconds.
* Without releasing the home button, stop holding down the power button for up to 15 seconds.
3. Open GeekSn0w and click on click on “Jailbreak” by selecting your iPhone model.
4. While your device is still connected to computer, boot into DFU Mode when prompted by GeekSn0w again as in Step 2.
5. Your iPhone 4 will reboot and GeekSn0w will automatically boot after 2 minutes when jailbreak process will get over. Enter into DFU Mode third time.
6. Once iPhone 4 reboots you will find Cydia installed. Re-spring your iPhone 4. You can re-spring your iPhone 4 easily by installing free Cydia utility known as “Respring“.
Since, this is a tethered jailbreak you will be required to boot your iPhone 4 tethered always with Geeksn0w after you reboot it.