A hacker and developer Shantanu Goel has successfully made Microsoft’s Kinetic to work on PS3.
He has also published a demo video where he used kinect as an input controller for the PS3.The developer has also released the source code for the same.
However,the software is in pre-alpha state as the develper is yet to update recent code for the below libraries and other performance/feature improvements.Axis performance needs some tweaks as currently it works well only while sitting.
Programs needed to make Kinetic work with PS 3 are – OpenNI Libraries,NITE Libraries,PrimeSense Libraries for kinect and DIYPS3Controller.
Procedure to be followed:
1. Make sure that the above 4 things are installed on your machine and working fine.
2. Download the source of this project to the NITE Samples directory. You can even place it anywhere else but you would need to tweak the makefile to account for the changed paths.
3. Make any changes to the source that you need.
4. Change the included ps3 controller config xml file and place it in one of the locations where diyps3controller can find it.
5. Run make -f kinect-ps3.mak
6. The executable will be available in Samples/Bin directory of NITE.
7. Run kinect-ps3 (without any arguments)
8. Run emuclient (from ps3 controller software) and choose the new xml config file
9. “Become the controller”
Enjoy the demo video showing Kinetic -PS 3 in action: