WordPress is an awesome platform for blogging and wordpress plugins are used to improve your blog performance and quality.
One must not install unnecessary plugins as they will decrease your blog performance.
Some must have WordPress plugins which you should install in your blog are :
1. Akismet : Akismet comes with the wordpress set up and you need to activate it using akismet API key.It helps in filtering spam comments in your blog.
2.Commentluv : Install commentluv which will show the latest post of of your blog commenters.
3.All-in-one SEO : this is very important as it will help your blog do well in search engine results.
This plugin takes care of meta tags , keywords , description.
I am using this plugin in my blog for SEO.
4. Google XML Sitemap : it creates a sitemap of your blog and helps your blog in getting indexed.
5. Subscribe to comments : helps visitors in your blog to reply to other commenters.
6. WordPress contact form : this plugin creates a Contact us page in your blog and your blog visitors can contact you by filling the form.
I am using this form currently for my blog.
7. WordPress related post : it shows related posts of your blog at the bottom of your post and it helps to decrease bounce rate of your blog and is also good from SEO point of view.
8. MaxBlogPress Ping Optimiser : when you create a new post your blog will pin and notify all the ping services that you have updated and it helps your blog in getting indexed.
9. Sexybookmarks : it helps your visitors to socially bookmark your blog post.
I have used these plugins in my blog. What are your views , do share !