Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 firmware for iPhone,iPad and iPod Touch.
MuscleNerd has confirmed that the latest version of Redsn0w can perform tethered jailbreak on A4 devices such as iPhone 4/ iPhone 3GS,iPad,and iPod Touch 3G/4G.
Tethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Redsn0w
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b8b for Mac OS X and Windows.
2. Install the latest iOS 5.1.1 IPSW firmware either by OTA or manually.
3. Download iOS 5.1 IPSW for iOS device which you are using and save.
4. Launch Redsn0w and then click on “Extras”.
5. “Select IPSW” and locate the iOS 5.1 IPSW file which you have downloaded and saved.
6. In Redsn0w click on “BackUp” and then click on ‘Jailbreak’ and “install Cydia” and put your device into DFU Mode.
How to put your device into DFU Mode
Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes >> Turn Off iPhone >> Hold Power button and Home button for 10 seconds and then release Power Button >> Hold Home Button unless you get a message iTunes has detected iPhone in recovery mode.
7. Reboot your device.You will find Cydia icon on your Home screen.
8. Your device is tethered jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1.