Want to Turn Off automatic updating of apps on your iPhone or iPad? Read on how to Turn Off/disable Automatic App updates on your iOS device and save your cellular data.
Apple introduced the feature of automatically updating apps in iOS 7 which lets your iPhone, iPad to automatically download and install app updates whenever available. Good, you will not have to go to App Store to manually update apps now.
Most of the users, however, don’t prefer automatic updates as it eats cellular data.
Turn Off/Disable Automatic App Updates in iPhone and iPad
These steps will work on iOS devices running on iOS 7, iOS 8 and above.
1. Launch the “Settings” app in your iPhone, iPad.
2. Now, Tap on “iTunes & App Store”.
3. Navigate to “Automatic Downloads” section to find “Updates”.
4. Toggle on “Updates” to turn it off. The “Updates” will go from from Green to Gray.
You have now “Turn Off” Automatic App Updates in your iOS devices.
5. Now, if you want to automatically update apps, but only while connected to a Wi-Fi network, keep “Updates” toggled to “ON” and “Turn off” use “Mobile Data”.
Also read: How to Save Battery Life on iOS 8 Devices