Best Apps To Make Music On Mac
1. GarageBand: GarageBand app for Mac is recording studio apps of Apple which can be downloaded for just $14.99. GarageBand ’11 comes with feature such as Flex Time which lets you to fix timing issues in your songs, Groove Matching will let you to change timing and rhythm of all your songs in just one click.
Practice songs and get a real-time feedback with a new feature “How Did I Play?”. Interesting. If you are a budding musician, with all these features and price you can record your first album. The app requires OS X 10.6.8 or later.
2. Logic Pro: Logic Pro is a great app for musicians where you can write, record, edit and mix your songs. 15,000 Apple Loops for betterment of your songs, writing studio finds audio files and sounds using integrated browser, 4500 settings for getting the best of your music track, record multiple songs easily and Flex Time feature enables you to make changes with the timings of your songs.
Logic Pro is available for a download from Mac App Store at a price of $199.99. Requires OS X 10.6.8 or later.
3. Audacity: Audacity is a free cross-platform open source audio editor for Mac, Windows and Linux.
The app lets you to edit and mix multiple songs, record songs, convert records into digital recordings. Add effects to your music track, use keyboard shortcuts to select and make changes to a song. An essential free music app that works on any version of OS X.
4. djay: djay as the same suggests, transfers your Mac into a complete live DJ system where you can mix iTunes music library and play them. The app is perfect for newbies as well as professionals. Become a DJ and invite your friends for a small party at home. The app is available at a price of $19.99 and requires OS X 10.5 or later.
5. Mixxx: If you are looking for a free app to become a DJ, Mixxx is the perfect app for you. The app integrates with your iTunes library and lets you to perform live music. Mixxx comes with automatic BPM matching and lets you to remix songs live while playing.
To use Mixxx you need OS X 10.6.6 or later.
Have you tried any of the above mentioned music apps to make music on your Mac ?