Antivirus for Mac was not required, however recent malware attack has left it vulnerable to various virus, spyware and malware. Normally viruses found in Windows PCs don’t infect Mac but Mac can get infected if you run Windows on your Mac. It is better to install Antivirus on your Mac so that you don’t feel sorry later. Go through the list below for best antivirus for Mac.
Also Read: 4 Best Antivirus Apps For Android
Best Antivirus for Mac
1. iAntivirus: iAntivirus is a free antivirus by Symantec which can detect and remove Mac and Windows threats. The app is easy to use and widely appreciated by users. Scans files by simple drag and drop to the app, protects your iPhoto pictures, iTunes music and your Facebook Timeline also. iAntivirus repairs your infected files at a fast rate and prevents your Mac from various online threats.
2. Bitdefender: Bitdefender is like iAntivirus as it finds both Mac and Windows viruses. One of the interesting thing about Bitdefender Virus Scanner is that the virus signature gets updated automatically before you start a scan. It can search for malware and other threats on any file type fast and supports Growl notifications. Bitdefender Virus Scanner is available for a free download from Mac App Store.
3. Avast: Avast for Windows PC is a popular choice among users. Avast for Mac scans for malware on demand and in real time, it scans your emails along with the attachments for any possible threat from Windows users. Avast comes with unique feature of website reputation via WebRep plugin which shows the reputation of website before you even click.
4. ClamXav: ClamXav also protects your Mac from both Windows and Mac threats with easy to use User Interface. Use the antivrus app to scan a particular file or hard drive as per your use. You can schedule scanning of your file and easily send a particular file to quarantine or trash just by clicking on it. Go ahead and download the app for free from Mac App Store.
5. Kaspersky: Kaspersky Virus Scanner protects your Mac from both Mac and Windows malware effectively and makes sure that your Mac is safe from new threats. The antivirus app does not affects the performance of Mac and scans on-demand. It requires OS X 10.6.6 or above and can be downloaded at a price of $9.99 from Mac App Store.
6. F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac: F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac is a paid Antivirus app for Mac which is easy to use and install, protects your Mac from virus, spyware, along with other malware. The app does not slow your Mac and virus signature is updated regularly. For a single licence for one year you will be required to pay a subscription of 29,99 €. A 30 day free trial version is also available.
7. ESET Cybersecurity for Mac: ESET Cybersecurity for Mac is the only one which has received ICSA certification for Mac OS X. It protects and removes various malicious viruses and threats from your Mac. The app is easy to install and does not hampers the performance of your Mac. You can easily scan your shared folders for viruses in Parallel desktop, Bootcamp and other virtual machines. For a single licence for one year ESET Cybersecurity for Mac is available for $39.99.
Which Antivirus app for Mac do you use? Share your views!