It is speculated that Apple will release iOS 7.1 in March. iOS 7.1 beta was seeded to developers and if you by chance have updated your iOS device to iOS 7.1 and now want to downgrade back to iOS 7.0.4 or older firmware, go through the steps below.
Devices compatible- iPhone 5/5s/5c and iPhone 4/4S (GSM, CDMA), iPad Air (Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi and 3G), iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod Touch 5G.
iOS 7.0.4 Download Links:
iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
iPad (4th generation CDMA)
iPad (4th generation GSM)
iPad (4th generation WiFi)
iPad mini (CDMA)
iPad mini (GSM)
iPad mini (WiFi)
iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi
iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
iPhone 5 (CDMA)
iPhone 5 (GSM)
iPhone 5c (CDMA)
iPhone 5c (GSM)
iPhone 5s (CDMA)
iPhone 5s (GSM)
iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
iPhone 4 (GSM)
iPhone 4 (CDMA)
iPod Touch (5th generation)
Download iOS 7.0.4 IPSW from the links above.
Install latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Steps to Downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 7.0.4/7.0.x Firmwares for iPad, iPhone & iPod
1. Download the required iOS 7.0.4 IPSW files from the links provided above.
2. Start iTunes and connect it with your iOS device via USB cable.
3. Put your device in ‘DFU Mode’.
* Hold down Power (corner) button for 5 seconds.
* Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button along with the Power button for 10 seconds.
* Without releasing the home button, stop holding down the power button for up to 15 seconds.
4. You will now get a message in iTunes saying, “iPhone in Recovery Mode”.
5. Hold SHIFT key (Windows) or Alt/Option key (Mac) and click on “Restore button” in iTunes.
6. Browse to select the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW file which you downloaded earlier and iTunes will complete the downgrade process automatically.
Downgrade iOS 7.1 beta Firmware is done!