Google has announced the launch of Google Now Launcher into the Google Play Store, however you need to have a Nexus device or a Google Play Experience device to use it.
Google Now Launcher was formerly dubbed as Google Experience Launcher was launched with Nexus 5. Google Now Launcher comes with some awesome features, Google Now permanently sits to the left of the home screen, you can now access Google Search is faster – say “OK Google” when you are on your homescreen. You can easily access your Google Products with ease, select any image, position it and preview before setting as a wallpaper.
As mentioned earlier, Google Now Launcher is available only for Nexus or Google Play Experience device running Android 4.4 KitKat . However, if you have other Android smartphone, what to do?
XDA Developers have come up with a solution which will let you to download and install Google Now Launcher on any Android device. Unfortunately, there might be some issues with Custom ROMs installed on your device.
Read on for the download link and steps to download Google Now Launcher on any Android device easily.
You should have latest Google Search (version 126.96.36.1999776) installed on your device. You can install latest Google Search from Google Play.
Steps to be followed to download Google Now Launcher for Any Android device
For Nexus 5 and GPe devices download Google Now Launcher from Google Play.
For All Other Android Devices, download APK from here.
How to download Android APK file
1. Download the APK installer app from Google Play.
2. Download the APK file to the SDcard of your Android device.
3. Navigate to locate the APK file where you have installed.
4. Tap to start the installation process when prompted.
5. To install the applications from unknown source on our Android. Go to “Settings” and click on “Applications” and check the option “Unknown source”.
6. Your installation will be complete now.
7. Once, Google Now launcher is installed, Say “OK, Google” to start Google Now.