E-commerce sales have grown to trillions globally in recent years, with more and more consumers indulging in online shopping . If you happen to run an e-commerce site, security of your site must be your prime concern. It is essential that you how to protect your e-business and sensitive customer data from hackers who steal credit card and other sensitive data of consumers. Go through the article to find tips to secure your E-commerce website.
1. SSL Certificates: SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer, it is mandatory that e-commerce websites should use strong SSL to data of your customer is safe. SSL Certificate provide a secured, encrypted connection between customers and e-commerce site. SSL Certificate prevent frauds by comparing the address mentioned by a customer online while making a purchase to the address mentioned by him on to his credit card company.
2. Firewalls: One of the best way to secure your site from cyber criminals is by adding firewalls to your system so that your site is not hacked and sensitive information of consumer is exposed. You can also add Application-layer filtering firewalls so that login of your site is protected against attack at application-level. Update your firewalls, antivirus and antispyware regularly so that your site is safe from vulnerable attacks.
3. Real-Time Analytics: Install Real-Time Analytics tool like Woopra and Clicky so that you see in real-time how visitors are interacting in your site so that you spot any irregular or suspicious activity. The mentioned tools also provide alerts on phone so it will be convenient for you to detect suspicious activity and take necessary actions.
4. Perform Vulnerability Scan: You need to perform vulnerability scan to your business to keep it safe. Perform PCI scan quarterly so that your business is secure. Vulnerability scanning devices such as WebInspector, FreeScan finds out malware infections which can damage your business.
5. Keep your E-commerce site up to date: Never use Open source platform for your E-commerce site as they are more prone to cyber attacks.
Always keep your online store up to date with the latest software update so that the sensitive information of your customers like credit card is safe. Whether you are using Open source or Magneto for Shopping Cart, update your system to the latest and stable version.
6. Use Cloud Storage: Take a backup of your data regularly so that valuable information of consumer is not lost in case of a malware attack or system failure. Ask your hosting provider to take a regular backup of your data and also store data in Cloud to retrieve easily.
7. Avoid storing sensitive information: Last but not the least, don’t store unnecessary information of your customers which can include credit card numbers, expiration dates and others to avoid breach of security.
Also Read: 10 Tips for Setting Up an Online Business
E-commerce site security can be improved easily by following the above mentioned tips so that your customers don’t fall prey to cyber attacks.