Top WordPress Security Plugins for bloggers to save their WordPress blogs from hacking. WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platform, however, WordPress is like any Content Management System and is vulnerable to hacking and hence securing WordPress blog is imperative.
To secure your WordPress blog, check out the list of top WordPress Security Plugins for bloggers to install.
1. BulletProof Security: BulletProof Security plugin is one of the top security plugin providing protection against XSS, RFI, CRLF, CSRF, Base64, Code Injection and SQL Injection hacking. It also provides security through firewalls, and also optimizes the performance of your website without compromising on speed.
2. Wordfence Security: Wordfence is a free security plugin for bloggers which protects your site from HeartBleed vulnerability, provides real time protection along with two-step authentication process and unauthorized DNS changes. Above all, the plugin makes your site 50 times faster.
3. iThemes Security(formerly Better WP Security): iThemes Security was earlier known as Better WP Security. The plugin is the top WordPress security plugin which secures your site easily in thirty different ways in just one-click. The plugin works well on multi-WordPress sites and increases security of passwords by blocking bad users.
4. BBQ: Block Bad Queries: Protect your WordPress site against malicious URL requests using this awesome Block Bad Queries plugin.
5. Login Security Solution: The plugin has been downloaded more than 100,000 times and offers security against brute force attack and and dictionary attacks. It also offers features which includes idle timeout and has maintenance mode lockdown.
6. All In One WP Security & Firewall: The plugin offers security on user accounts, brute force login attempt, comment spam, user login, user registration, database along with other security features.
7. Acunetix WP Security: Acunetix WP Security not only checks your WordPress site for security vulnerabilities but also provides corrective actions which includes Database security, File permissions and more.
8. 6Scan Security: Secure your website with this awesome 6Scan Security plugin against hackers. It provides protection against SQL injection, CSRF, Cross-site scripting, Directory traversal and more.
9. Centrora Security: Centora Security has been modified from OSE Firewall Security to protect your website against security risks, malicious codes, spam, virus and SQL injection.
Which WordPress Security Plugins you prefer?