If you are reading this article, you are most likely the proud owner of a Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. Congrats, it’s one of the top sold smartphones of the year, exceeding the sales numbers of its predecessor, the Galaxy S5.
But are you using you Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge to its full potential? Here are a couple of secret tricks your device can do:
1. Speed up your downloads with the “download booster” option, that uses both your LTE network and Wi-Fi to make downloads faster.
2. Work as a smart remote for your set-top box, DVD player, Blu-ray player, AV receiver, streaming media player, home projector, and air conditioner. (Source: JoyofAndroid)
Didn’t know about that? Well, there’s other stuff you probably didn’t know either. Like the fact that having a locked phone may seem like it’s saving you money when you buy it. But in reality, it makes you lose money down the line. Here’s why:
a. Having an unlocked phone lets you choose the best cell phone plan on the market, without having to worry about what carrier it’s from. Whether you want to save a few bucks or have better services, it saves you from a lot of headache.
b. Having an unlocked phone allows you to use any SIM from any carrier in the world when you travel. Which means you can use local SIMs to save money on outrageous roaming fees.
c.Having an unlocked phone make you more money when you sell it to upgrade to a newer model. Since whoever buys it benefits from the same perks you did, you get to raise the price.
How can you unlock your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge fast and securely?
You can try asking your current carrier to unlock it, but you’ll most likely have to wait for your contract to expire for them to help you. You can go to a local phone repair shop, but they use hardware that can potentially harm your device. Or, you can try an online unlocking platform like UnlockUnit.com or UnlockScope.com.
I chose them as examples because they have stellar reviews on ReviewCentre, 24/7 customer support and live order tracking, which we all know is very important when you’re impatiently waiting for your order. Here’s what you have to do:
1. Go to UnlockUnit.com and complete the form with a few details: the brand and model of your phone, country and network you bought it from, IMEI (which you can find out by dialling *#06#) and email address where you want to receive your unique unlock code.
2. In a few minutes or hours, depending on the delivery time you chose, you will receive the code by email.
3. Then, simply insert a SIM from another network in your phone. When one of these messages appear “Enter Unlock Code” or “Sim Network Unlock Pin”, enter the unlock code you received by email, and the message “Network Unlock Successful” will be displayed.
If your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge does not ask for the unlock code and it only says “Network Locked” then, as if making a call, dial: #7465625*638*#. Once prompted for the code, enter it and your phone will be unlocked.
Do you have any questions after reading this article, or would you like to share your unlocking experience with us? Go to UnlockUnit’s Youtube channel or leave a comment in the section below!