Apple has released iOS 10.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch which includes bugs fixes and enhancement along with the inclusion of Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus users. Find the direct download links of iOS 10.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Users can download the latest iOS update OTA or via iTunes on PC/Mac.
iOS 10.1 Update Is Compatible With Following Devices
Phone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
9.7-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
iPod Touch 6th generation
Update iPhone, iPad To iOS 10.1
You can download and install iOS 10.1 via OTA on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Launch Settings app from your Home screen.
Now, Tap on General.
Tap on Software Update.
Tap on Download and Install.
You can also install iOS 10.1 via iTunes by taking a backup of iPhone, iPad using iCloud and iTunes.
install iOS 10.1 Using iTunes on Mac/PC
1. Take Backup Of iPhone, iPad using iTunes and iCloud
To take a backup of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, connect your device to Mac/PC via USB cable.
Launch iTunes and wait till iTunes detects your device.
Once your device is detected, select backup.
Set backup to This Computer.
Take a backup of music, photos, videos, apps, and other data.
Automatic Backup of iPhone, iPad Using iCloud
Launch the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad
Tap on iCloud. Log in to your iCloud account, if not logged in.
Tap on Backup by scrolling down.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer using USB cable.
3. Now, select the device in iTunes.
4. Windows users hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update” whereas, Mac users will have to hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update”.
5. Select the “IPSW file” you downloaded and click “Choose”.
6. Wait till your device gets updated.
iOS 10.1 IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5c
- 12.9 inch iPad Pro
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 2
- iPod touch 6th gen
iOS 10.1 Release Notes
Camera and Photos
- Introduces Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus that creates a depth effect that keeps your subject sharp while creating a beautifully blurred background (beta)
- People names in the Photos app are saved in iCloud backups
- Fixes an issue where opening the Camera app would show a blurred or flashing screen for some users
- Fixes an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when turning on iCloud Photo Library
- Improved the display of wide color gamut photos in the grid views of the Photos app
- Transit support for every major train, subway, ferry, and national bus line, as well as local bus systems for Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya
- Sign-based transit navigation including layouts of all underground structures and walkways that connect large transit stations
- Transit fare comparison when viewing alternative transit routes
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could lead to contact names appearing incorrectly in Messages
- Addresses an issue where Messages could open to a white screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent the report junk option from displaying with unknown senders
- Fixes an issue where videos captured and sent in the Messages app could be missing audio
- Adds distance and average pace to workout summaries in the Activity app for outdoor wheelchair run pace and outdoor wheelchair walk pace
- Fixes issues that may have prevented Music playlists from syncing to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that was preventing invitations and data to appear in Activity Sharing
- Fixes an issue that was allowing Activity Sharing to update over cellular when manually disabled
- Resolves an issue that was causing some third-party apps to crash when inputting text
Other improvements and fixes
- Improves Bluetooth connectivity with 3rd party accessories
- Improves AirPlay Mirroring performance when waking a device from sleep
- Fixes an issue where playback would not work for iTunes purchased content when the “Show iTunes Purchases” setting is turned off
- Fixes an issue where certain selfie apps and face filters used with the FaceTime HD Camera on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus did not display a live preview
- Fixes an issue in Health where individual strokes are converted to separate characters when using the Chinese handwriting keyboard
- Improves performance of sharing websites from Safari to Messages
- Fixes an issue in Safari that caused web previews in tab view to not display correctly
- Fixes an issue that caused certain Mail messages to be reformatted with very small text
- Fixes an issue that caused some HTML email to be formatted incorrectly
- Fixes an issue that in some cases caused the search field to disappear in Mail
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Today View Widgets from updating when launched
- Fixes an issue where Weather widget sometimes failed to load data
- Fixes an issue on iPhone 7 where Home Button click settings would not appear in search results
- Fixes an issue that prevented spam alert extensions from blocking calls
- Resolves an issue that could prevent alarm sounds from going off
- Fixes an issue where audio playback via Bluetooth would cause the Taptic engine to stop providing feedback for some users
- Resolves an issue preventing some users from restoring from iCloud Backup