Want to downgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch? Apple has patched vulnerabilities in iOS 10.2 making jailbreak difficult, an iOS hacker named Luca Tudesco found some jailbreak exploits in iOS 10.1.1.
If you are waiting for iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak or your iOS device is running slow after upgrading to iOS 10.2, here’s how you can downgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1.
Remember, you will be able to downgrade to only those firmware which Apple is still signing, make sure to take a backup before you go ahead to downgrade iOS 10.2. iOS 10.2 comes with new features which include Emergency SOS, Single Sign-On For Cable TV and more.
Downgrade iOS 10.2 To iOS 10.1.1, iOS 10.1
1. Turn Off “Find my iPhone” feature from Settings >> iCloud on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
3. Connect your iOS device to the computer using USB cable.
4. Launch iTunes on your computer and select the iOS device.
5. Windows users will have to hold Shift key and then click the “Restore iPhone” button. Mac users will have to hold down the “Option / Alt” key.
6. Select the ipsw file you have downloaded earlier.
7. iTunes will downgrade your iOS device to iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1.
You have now downgraded iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1.