Apple introduced WatchOS 2 at WWDC 2015 with some awesome features which includes New Watch faces, Time Travel, Nightstand mode, Enhanced Siri, Native App and much more. Apple WatchOS 2 will be available for public this fall. Currently, WatchOS 2 is in developer stage which enables developers to test and prepare their apps for WatchOS 2.
You need to be a an Apple developer to try Apple WatchOS 2 for which you will be required to pay annual subscription charge of $99.
Install WatchOS 2 Beta on Apple Watch
1. Before you go ahead to install WatchOS 2 Beta on Apple Watch, you will have to unpair Apple Watch with iPhone or reset Apple Watch to factory settings.
How To Reset Apple Watch To Factory Settings
* Go to the “Settings app” on your Apple Watch.
* Now, you will have to tap on “General”.
* Tap on “Reset”.
* Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”.
* Enter passcode.
* Tap on “Continue” to confirm the reset.
2. Download and install iOS 9 beta on your iPhone.
3. Register your iPhone
* Head over to Apple Developer portal and download and install the iOS 9 SDK (Xcode 7 beta).
* Connect your iPhone to Mac and launch the Xcode 7 beta.
* Click on Window >> Organizer.
* You will now have to copy the 40 characters UDID (Unique Device Identifier) from the identifier field.
* Sign in to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles using your developer-registered Apple ID. Next, click on the “+” button to start the registration process.
* Enter a name of your device and paste the UDID which got in above step.
* Click on Continue to confirm the registration process.
Install watchOS beta on Apple Watch
1. Make sure that your Apple Watch has 60% of charge.
2. Pair your Apple Watch with iPhone. Bring your iPhone close to Apple Watch and connect to Wi-Fi.
3. Download the watchOS 2 beta files from the Apple Developer site to your iPhone.
4. Launch the profile, select Apple Watch as location to install WatchOS 2 beta and reboot device when you get the prompt.
5. Launch Apple Watch app on iPhone
6. Select My Watch >> General >> Software Update. Enter, passcode to start the update.
Software update will start now. Your Apple Watch will reboot once the update is complete.